With the Welding Safety training program, as with any educational program, the "presenter" should go through it at least once to become familiar with the content and make sure the program is consistent with facility policy and directives. An "outline" of the points in the Welding Safety training program is included in this Presenter's Guide to help with this task and for general reference.
As part of this review process, you should determine how you, as the presenter, will conduct your session. The use of materials such as handouts, charts, etc., that may be available to you needs to be well thought out and integrated into the overall Welding Safety program presentation.
On completion, participants expected to be able to demonstrate a competences in the theory and application of the following:
• Safety Induction
• Pre Test
• Introduction of Training
• Introduction of Welding Safety
• Authorizing Welding Operations.
• Sparking and the Risk of Fire.
• Guards and Protective Barriers.
• Hazardous Fumes.
• The Use of Respirators.
• Eye Protection (Helmets, Filters, Glasses and Goggles).
• Other Personal Protective Equipment.
• Inspecting Welding Equipment.
• Safety Procedures and Operating Guidelines.
• Practical Session and Practical Assessment
• Post Test
• Review and Discussion
• Closing Training